What can I do to help my friend whose father had a stroke?

Question by Meg: What can I do to help my friend whose father had a stroke?
My friend’s father recently had a stroke and was denied disability, although doctors say he’ll never work again. Because of this, my friends family is going to lose their house and my friend is dropping out of grad school to move back home to try and hold his family together. Are there any organizations or foundations that have some type of scholarship or fund for situations like this? Can I nominate either my friend specifically, his father, or his family in general to help them out in any way? If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know.

Best answer:

Answer by mlgable
They need to appeal the disability decision and contact a lawyer ASAP. They also need to apply for assistance from the health and human services department of their county aka social services. Also contact your senator too right away via email.

What do you think? Answer below!

  1. Reply
    freshbliss May 21, 2013 at 11:03 am

    No, but you can try to invite her over to watch a movie, and give her a reason to laugh – watch a comedy – try to find things to help her get out of herself, so that she can forget at least for a little while what she is going through.

    People who are up to thier butt in alligators need to get out of the swamp if they can – even if only for a few hours.

  2. Reply
    Paramedic Girl May 21, 2013 at 11:34 am

    First off, they need to Appeal. Also, find a human rights lawyer… they can and do help. Lastly, call local churches. It doesnt matter if someone is a member of the church or not, they are amazing at helping out individuals and families.

    Also call local social service agencies, as well as Government officials. Making noise makes people move.

    Good luck… your friend is very lucky to have you.

    Leave a reply

    Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com