In golf are there two strokes called fade and draw?

Question by King Harold: In golf are there two strokes called fade and draw?
It is a bad stroke if a golfer slices the ball and make it go off course,but are there two strokes called fade and draw.

Best answer:

Answer by x-15a2
Correct, fade and draw are two types of ball flight in golf.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

  1. Reply
    mrs. nat marvin wolff <3 May 14, 2013 at 5:28 am

    not sure but
    go here
    thats my dad’s website
    it might have something about it
    i know i can’t beleive i don’t know that even though my dad’s a pro

  2. Reply
    Terry H May 14, 2013 at 6:08 am

    For a right handed golfer a Fade shot curves to the right in the air. A Draw shot moves from right to left.
    For a left hander the curve is reversed

  3. Reply
    koolket May 14, 2013 at 6:13 am

    yes, you are correct. a controlled slice is called a fade and a spin towards the left is a draw(for a right-handed golfer). the vice versa is applicable for left-handers. both need immense practice to master. it is use full if u want to ‘curve the ball’ around an obstacle or hazard such as trees or lakes. hope this helps

  4. Reply
    DODGERFAN4LIFE May 14, 2013 at 6:22 am

    they are two different shots. a fade goes to the right for right-handed hitters and a draw goes the left for right-handed hitters, and its the opposite for left handed hitters

  5. Reply
    Dominic M May 14, 2013 at 6:38 am

    Fade and draws, are a type of shot and their not bad. A fade is a slight curve to the right. A draw is a slight curve to the left.

  6. Reply
    JKGOLF May 14, 2013 at 7:30 am

    A fade is a slight movement in the air from left to right for the right handed player and of course a draw is conversely a shot which moves slightly from right to left in the air.

    For left handed players the reverse is true.

    The difference between a fade and a slice is that a slice moves wildly from left to right instead of a controlled fade..

    The same is true of a hook but curves in the opposite direction.

    The swing path relative to the intended target allied to the position of the club-face at impact are the primary factors in determining the ball flight.

    A good website for you to look up is the Golf Digest site as it has a vast instructional section.

  7. Reply
    mojo13 May 14, 2013 at 8:12 am

    An easy way to remember no matter if you are right or left handed is this.

    Fade: The ball fades away from you aka going away from the side you hit from.

    Draw: The ball is drawing back to you aka coming back to the side you hit from

  8. Reply
    laugh c May 14, 2013 at 8:41 am

    Yes these are the hits that make the ball curve on purpose yet still land straight ahead of you imagine it as hitting the ball in the shape of a “C” start at the bottom of it and it curves till it lands back at the top. For some great ways to learn how to fade and draw check the website out in my source box.

  9. Reply
    Rocco J May 14, 2013 at 8:43 am

    Yes and straight is the third kind. Slice and hook it not good and usually mistakes. Fades and draws are played by putting side spin on the ball and making it fly either left or right off the tee and controlled in order to suite the hole you are playing.

  10. Reply
    judapuh May 14, 2013 at 8:49 am

    Here’s another little “tip.” A Draw will go further than a Fade. Always.

    Leave a reply

    Facebook Auto Publish Powered By :