How do I save my marriage to a stroke survivor?

Question by Tammy: How do I save my marriage to a stroke survivor?
Hubby had a stroke 1year ago at 57. Left side is affected… A little walking w/cane, no use of left arm. He is angry & rude to me a lot, and I do not know if I can take much more… I cannot support myself w/o his annuity, and he cannot live alone… Help!

Best answer:

Answer by LIPPIE
Well since he is having health issues you probably should consider that. Some of the things he does is because he is sick. You could trade places with him and go through what he is going through. It is time to talk to someone in a support group that will let you vent when things get bad.

Add your own answer in the comments!

  1. Reply
    shyguy May 29, 2013 at 7:18 am

    Many people who have major health issues feel angry and it does take a toll on those who care for them. You both need counseling – and support groups. So sorry – but you have to deal with issues.

  2. Reply
    kitty jones May 29, 2013 at 8:09 am

    Went through same thing. You have to realize what he’s going through. Mine was only 33. He was upset, sad and frustrated. This forum helped me a lot because its nothing but people going through the same thing. Be patient and remember how he feels. Good luck.

    Leave a reply

    Facebook Auto Publish Powered By :